Be Mindful Accepting Payment When Amounts Owed Are In Dispute
After completing work on a project, or even during a project, it is not uncommon for some portion of the contract balance and/or a claim …
California Precludes Surety from Asserting Pay-When-Paid Provision as Defense to Payment Bond Claim
In a recent case in California, the Court of Appeals held that a surety who had issued a public works payment bond cannot rely on …
Nick focuses his practice on working with and representing general contractors, subcontractors, developers, design professionals, and suppliers in all legal aspects of the construction industry.
Nick has experience handling a variety of complex construction disputes, including construction defects, delays, terminations, lien and bond claims, contract drafting and review, and workplace injuries.
Nick has also provided pro bono legal services to the under served as part of the King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinic.
- B.A., Law, Societies and Justice; Sociology, University of Washington, 2002
- J.D., cum laude, Seattle University, 2013
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, Utah State Bar Association
- Member, Tulalip Tribal Court Bar
- King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinic – Pro Bono Attorney (2015-2018)
- Defended a national general contractor in a 7-week jury trial in King County Superior Court. Received a favorable defense verdict.